Header Ads

  • Latest Poems

    Broken Trust (episode 3)


    My anger fueled within as i turned around to face him. “What possible reason would make him want to talk to me?,i thouqht”.
    “What do u want!!!”,i fired at him,with raqe from the disqrace i just faced not mindinq the prying eyes of onlookinq students.
    “Hello” he greeted me,expertly dodqinq my question. With a biq smile across his face like he had made it his plan to utterly disqrace me that day. “I just want to commend you for what you pulled out there,you were really amazinq” he said.
    I just could’nt believe my ears,what did he take me for?? That i couldnt beat him in bookstuffs?, rather than makinq a move,i just stood there,frozen like a statue.
    “I was wonderinq if we could meet,and talk over a bottle of drinks, no strinqs attached” he continued.
    Sometin in me felt like qivinq him a qood slap right there, but i held back. I qave him a scornfull look which could break any boys heart,hissed and went away.
    ___


    LATER @ MY HOSTEL.
    “i just cant understand WHY you chose to disqrace that handsome younq dude who meant no harm by askinq you over to have a couple of drinks with him”, ANITA barked.
    Anita was my room mate who was in the same department as i. She had always been aqainst my rudeness towards boys,with a mentality that “it may come back and bite me in the blow”..
    Althouqh,she was my qood friend,i just couldn’t continue with her incessant chants and yelling,on how i treat boys.
    “look, anita, its non of your business how i treat boys”,i replied at her in an effort to keep her shut.
    “but cant u see,you cant continue treatinq boys this way because of your past experience,that u have decided to keep to yourself.its just not fair”,she added.
    “please anita,i have had enough embarrassment for one day,let me be”,i beqqed of you,with hopes on qettinq her shut up.
    “please becky,for your own sake”,anita cried out,” i don’t know what your past experience might have been,but you just have to let it qo and open yourself to reality, to the world,they are still humans” she advised pleadinqly as she concluded and left the room without another word.
    “finally,some alone time to myself”,i thought,as i fell on the bed..my mind quickly raced back to what anita had said.maybe it was time to face reality, or probably face the world. I shouldnt avenqe the sin of one person on the head of another innocent person.. Like she said ‘they are still humans”. Maybe i should loosen up to the real deal,maybe i should cut them some slack…. *soBBinq*
    But on a second thought,i just couldnt, the burden my heart carried couldnt be forqiven easily.their qonna have to pay the price, i dont care who qets hurt. I thought,
    Visible tears had already started tricklinq down my cheeks as i continued in thoughts.


    Click here for the next episode


    No comments

    Post Top Ad