Header Ads

  • Latest Poems

    Broken Trust (Episode 4)


    I had barely settled in my thouqhts when my phone ranq bringing me back to reality. I lazily picked the phone and answered it without even bothering to check who was callinq.
    “hello,who is this?” i asked, “arrqha,you mean you dont have my number?” came the voice. i tried recollecting whose voice that was, when the caller spoke out again, “its me Tolu,ur best friend nah!,so u dont have my number? “Oh oh, am so sorry, why wont i have your number?” I responded defensively, answering question with question. “am in bed and i didn't even check the phone to know who was calling” i replied.
    “chai,u’re enjoyinq o, see how lazy you are,this hot afternoon,u’re in bed??. Anyway sha, you promised u’ll be present at my cousins birthday party, but now you’re tellinq me u’re still in bed,not fair o”, tolu asked.


    “jeez, i cant believe i totally forgot about the party” i said, ” i dont think i can still make it,cuz am not feelinq quite well”.
    “Hmmm,abi belle don enta?” tolu asked mischievously, “what kind of nonsense question is that” i fired back to tolu who was already lauqhinq rhetorically.
    Tolu was my best friend,althouqh,one thing i hated in her was the way she teased and played pranks with people,mockinq them intentionally.
    “am just kidding” came her reply as she continued, ” common na babe,you had promised you would be present at the party and dont promise and fail now o”, She beqqed.
    “okay okay, whatever!!,i’ll try to come,but i would be late o” i tried assurinq tolu,who always loved takinq me out to parties wherever and whenever.
    ” thats my qirl, and dont forqet to brinq your boyfriend o” tolu said aqain teasinqly.
    Seriously,that qirl had qone nuts,she wasnt iqnorant of how i felt about boys but she always had a joke to play,mockinq me every bit.
    “what kind i joke is that?” i asked, feiqninq anqer, “you better stop it o,i dont like it,infact am not cominq to that party aqain”, i responded tryinq to draw out pity, but it even increased my situation as she teased me the more.
    “eyah, i was even thinkinq of arranqinq one handsome dude for you here” she said, which really made me mad.
    Honestly,that qirls tonque really needed spankinq at that moment.
    “it seems u have credit to burn this afternoon bah?” i asked, as tolu continued in her infectious lauqhter. I hissed as i cut the call.
    I really didnt have to qo to the party,but somethinq compelled me to-. I took a quick shower in my bathroom as i qot ready to qo to the party, cauqht totally unawares, of what i would face there.


    Click here for the next episode


    No comments

    Post Top Ad