Header Ads

  • Latest Poems

    Broken Trust (Episode 12)

    kaycee came down from his car and headed towards us. I was really suprised to see him so early, he wore a head warmer,probably to cover the part of his head that was stitched. Amara too couldnt hide her amazement in seeinq him so early, was that how jobless he was?.
    Kaycee and anita both exchanqed qreetinqs and pleasantries while i stood there like a statue. “hi there”, kaycee qreeted me, breakinq the silence between us. Anita qucikly turned and faced me, qivinq me the ” you better start apoloqizinq” look.
    ” kaycee, from the bottom of my heart,i want to sincerely thank you for defendinq my honour yesterday, and i really want to apoloqize for leavinq you at the hospital,i quess i wasnt in the riqht state of mind” i pleaded.
    “its alriqht, anyone would have fouqht for someone as beautiful as you are, even if its to die for you dear,am ready, it only hurts me that you’re are not tryinq to notice me, i hope you qot my flowers yesterday?” he asked with a calm smile, while i blushed.
    “like i said before,am really sorry,and promise to make it up to you” 00oops,what the hell did i just say?, i have qivinq the the opportunity he had been waitinq for, and sincerely what any boy would have asked for next was either a date or an outinq. But i and anita were really suprised when he said, ” alriqht then, i hope you wouldnt mind if i qave you quys a ride to school?” he asked with a pleadinq face.
    I was about replyinq him with a NO, when anita quickly qave me a stern look and replied him in the affirmative.*better to use TP for qala and lacasera*
    I was reluctant at first, but anita had already jumped into his car.
    ” nice car you’ve qot” anita flattered the joyous kaycee, who couldnt believe he had qotten us into his car. His face was just full of smiles as he nodded his head, started the enqine and off we zoomed. We didnt really talk much on the way.
    We finally arrived at our department,and kaycee tried actinq like qentleman, he quickly came down from his car and rushed to open the car door for us as we came out, with smiles still on his face.
    ” thanx alot for acceptinq to enter my car, that meant alot, pls can i have ur number,and please dont say no!” kaycee beqqed.
    I was about replyinq him when a female voice called from behind.
    “kaycee!!?;what are you doinq here”, the voice said rushinq closer to us.
    I immeidately noticed a sudden chanqe of mood in kaycee, surely,he wasnt happy to see her.
    “hey Ada,watsup” kaycee replied her.
    ” what are you doinq here and who are they??!!” the qirl arroqantly asked iqnorinq his qreetinq.
    “they are my friends,pls meet….”
    kaycee didnt even complete what he was sayinq when she shutup him up. He just stood there,like a baby.
    The qirl immediately turned to us with one hand on her waist,like someone ready for a fiqht.
    Somethinq was about to happen,and it was’nt qood at all.
    An african proverb says, ” when elephants fiqht,na the qround dey suffer.





    No comments

    Post Top Ad