Header Ads

  • Latest Poems

    The Ocean


    The Ocean

     I went down  for a long walk to the ocean shore
    like I had done many hundreds of times before
    just by chance I saw your beautiful image standing there
    through your silhoutte I caught a blaze of auburn hair

    you turned around and at that instant took my breath away
    I was rooted to the spot and knew at that moment I had to stay
    the moonlight framed your beauty your perfume hung everywhere
    the sound of the lapping tide was like sweet music in the air

    it was love at first sight  that moment that our eyes first met
    I knew that I had to have you or face a lifetime of regret
    we sat and talked for hours listening to the waves ebb and flow
    and as the dawn started to break through you said I have to go

    my heart started breaking because I knew I had  no choice but to let you go
    the oceans call was so much stronger than anyone can ever know
    I watched you swim away with regret and tears stinging in my eyes
     in the distant horizon I saw your auburn hair light up the ocean skies

    I wrote a message on the beach confessing my undying love for you
    and watched the tide take it out to the ocean every word to you was true
    every night I will return to the same place in search of you my love
    and I will never give up my quest, till my maker calls me up above

    William Fearby

    No comments

    Post Top Ad